- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
MDP members cause unrest in mosque while the prayer was called
Members of the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) has caused unrest in the courtyard of the Islamic Centre while the prayer was being called.
MDP members used obscene language against the Police and raised their voice while the Muezzin was giving the call to ‘Asr prayer.
MDP protestors went inside the Islamic Centre claiming that were going to make the prayers however they started shouting at the police while inside the mosque. Journalists saw that they were also using profanities even while the people were praying the congregational prayer.
Police stopped some of the protestors from entering the mosque’s premises because of this lowly behavior.