- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
MDP members cause unrest in mosque while the prayer was called
Members of the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) has caused unrest in the courtyard of the Islamic Centre while the prayer was being called.
MDP members used obscene language against the Police and raised their voice while the Muezzin was giving the call to ‘Asr prayer.
MDP protestors went inside the Islamic Centre claiming that were going to make the prayers however they started shouting at the police while inside the mosque. Journalists saw that they were also using profanities even while the people were praying the congregational prayer.
Police stopped some of the protestors from entering the mosque’s premises because of this lowly behavior.