- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
MDP decides to stop ‘Direct Action’ protests to give increase in worship
Opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) has decided to stop the ‘Direct Action’ protests which were initiated from July 8 to give opportunity for the members and well-wishers of the party to increase in their worship during the last ten days of Ramadan.
MDP stated that the party decided as such under the directive of MDP Presidential candidate, former President Mohamed Nasheed.
While the party decided to stop the ‘Direct Action’ protests, MDP Steering Committee called to hold all-party talks during these days.
“We decided to stop the direct action street protests to give way for the members to increase in worship during the last ten days of Ramadan and to continue the All-Party Talks from August 10,” the steering committee of MDP said.
Meanwhile, many people have been complaining regarding the ill behavior of the MDP members during the ‘direct action’ street protests. They say that the protestors have no respect for the mosques and use profanities near mosques even during the prayer times.