- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
MDP decides to stop ‘Direct Action’ protests to give increase in worship
Opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) has decided to stop the ‘Direct Action’ protests which were initiated from July 8 to give opportunity for the members and well-wishers of the party to increase in their worship during the last ten days of Ramadan.
MDP stated that the party decided as such under the directive of MDP Presidential candidate, former President Mohamed Nasheed.
While the party decided to stop the ‘Direct Action’ protests, MDP Steering Committee called to hold all-party talks during these days.
“We decided to stop the direct action street protests to give way for the members to increase in worship during the last ten days of Ramadan and to continue the All-Party Talks from August 10,” the steering committee of MDP said.
Meanwhile, many people have been complaining regarding the ill behavior of the MDP members during the ‘direct action’ street protests. They say that the protestors have no respect for the mosques and use profanities near mosques even during the prayer times.