- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
MDP contradicts their decision and comes out to the streets
Opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) has acted in contradiction to their decision to cease its series of anti-governmental protests to offer co-operation in the Political Party Talks by coming out to the streets of Hulhumale’ last Thursday night.
In view of Thursday night’s unrest, Maldives Reform Movement (MRM) condemned the act and stated that MDP is a party which is full of hypocrisy.
Council member of MRM Ahmed Shameem said that MDP is a party which contradicts their statements and always breaks their agreements. He said that the people are now more assured and aware of the hypocritical nature of MDP.
He said that MDP not even caused unrest but also taunted the Vice President during his visit to Hulhumale’ to inaugurate a Futsal Tournament. He said that MDP is a party out of control and needs to be curbed down.
Shameem refuted the denial of the MDP of having anything to do with this protest. He said that it is ridiculous of MDP to deny it after holding a protest under its banner using the loud speakers and other equipments of the party.