- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
MDP contradicts their decision and comes out to the streets
Opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) has acted in contradiction to their decision to cease its series of anti-governmental protests to offer co-operation in the Political Party Talks by coming out to the streets of Hulhumale’ last Thursday night.
In view of Thursday night’s unrest, Maldives Reform Movement (MRM) condemned the act and stated that MDP is a party which is full of hypocrisy.
Council member of MRM Ahmed Shameem said that MDP is a party which contradicts their statements and always breaks their agreements. He said that the people are now more assured and aware of the hypocritical nature of MDP.
He said that MDP not even caused unrest but also taunted the Vice President during his visit to Hulhumale’ to inaugurate a Futsal Tournament. He said that MDP is a party out of control and needs to be curbed down.
Shameem refuted the denial of the MDP of having anything to do with this protest. He said that it is ridiculous of MDP to deny it after holding a protest under its banner using the loud speakers and other equipments of the party.