- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
MATATO Reveals Nominations for GMR Maldives Travel Awards
GMR Maldives Travel Awards, which was launched on 16th July 2012 has gained major support with the nomination of local hospitality brands and international chains. While international brands such as Sheraton, Anantara, Jumeirah, LUX* and W, have been nominated, a total of about 65 nominations have been made.
The event is being managed by Highrise Private Limited, while Paradise Island Resort by Villa Hotels will host the event for 2012. GMR, who is managing Ibrahim Nasir International Airport, will be the title sponsor for this year’s award. The winners of GMR Maldives Travel Awards will be announced and awarded on September 28th at Paradise Island Resort.
Voting will be open for anyone through the GMR Maldives Travel Awards website (travelawards.mv). From among the voters a lucky draw winner will be awarded two return tickets to Maldives via Etihad Airways and a seven night stay at Paradise Island Resort.
The (MATATO) Maldives Travel Awards is a recognized label initiated with the idea of MATATO providing the tourism sector of Maldives with recognition for their facilities and service excellence provided to guests. Awards are presented to nominees in different categories on various sector and standard basis. The Maldives Travel Awards aim to encourage and raise service standards within the Maldivian Tourism industry