- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
MATATO Reveals Nominations for GMR Maldives Travel Awards
GMR Maldives Travel Awards, which was launched on 16th July 2012 has gained major support with the nomination of local hospitality brands and international chains. While international brands such as Sheraton, Anantara, Jumeirah, LUX* and W, have been nominated, a total of about 65 nominations have been made.
The event is being managed by Highrise Private Limited, while Paradise Island Resort by Villa Hotels will host the event for 2012. GMR, who is managing Ibrahim Nasir International Airport, will be the title sponsor for this year’s award. The winners of GMR Maldives Travel Awards will be announced and awarded on September 28th at Paradise Island Resort.
Voting will be open for anyone through the GMR Maldives Travel Awards website (travelawards.mv). From among the voters a lucky draw winner will be awarded two return tickets to Maldives via Etihad Airways and a seven night stay at Paradise Island Resort.
The (MATATO) Maldives Travel Awards is a recognized label initiated with the idea of MATATO providing the tourism sector of Maldives with recognition for their facilities and service excellence provided to guests. Awards are presented to nominees in different categories on various sector and standard basis. The Maldives Travel Awards aim to encourage and raise service standards within the Maldivian Tourism industry