- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
Maldivian people do not want the birth of another Nasheed in politics- Home Minister
Minister of Home Affairs, Dr. Mohamed Jameel has said that the Maldivian people do not want the birth of another Nasheed in Maldivian politics.
Home Minister Dr. Jameel made this remark rebutting for the first time the criticism of some people on the Home Ministry claiming that the Ministry have been procrastinating Ministry’s duty.
Dr. Jameel said that the current government is not the government of former President Mohamed Nasheed which makes decision without considering the legal implications and legality of an act. He said that the present administration will do all its work within the confines of the constitution.
The Minister said that the government will not hesitate to act within the law and there is no reason for the government to act otherwise. He said that it is the present government who are promptly sending major criminal cases for prosecution.