- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Majlis sittings to be resumed in September
-Copies of CoNI report to be distributed to Majlis members
Speaker of the Peoples’ Majlis has announced that he is trying to commence the sittings of the Majlis in September. He also revealed that the third session of the Majlis sittings will begin on 1 October as stipulated in the regulations of the Majlis.
“Differences should be resolved through dialogue in the Majlis. The Speaker believes that it is from the spirit of the constitution is to reconcile differences through dialogue. Therefore, the Speaker hopes and urges that all members of the Majlis to set aside their political differences and resume their duties.”
Speaker Shahid called all stakeholders, political leaders, MPs and all government officials and the media to act with greater national interest and with utmost restraint and calm.
The speaker has also decided to distribute the copies of the report of Commission of National Inquiry (CONI) to the members of the Majlis.
Meanwhile, President Dr. Mohamed Waheed stated that it is imperative that sittings of the People’s Majlis resume in order implement the legal and administrative reforms advised in the report of the Commission regarding the transfer of power on February 7th and the recent reports of the Human Rights Commission of the Maldives on the events leading to February 7th.