- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
Majlis sittings to be resumed in September
-Copies of CoNI report to be distributed to Majlis members
Speaker of the Peoples’ Majlis has announced that he is trying to commence the sittings of the Majlis in September. He also revealed that the third session of the Majlis sittings will begin on 1 October as stipulated in the regulations of the Majlis.
“Differences should be resolved through dialogue in the Majlis. The Speaker believes that it is from the spirit of the constitution is to reconcile differences through dialogue. Therefore, the Speaker hopes and urges that all members of the Majlis to set aside their political differences and resume their duties.”
Speaker Shahid called all stakeholders, political leaders, MPs and all government officials and the media to act with greater national interest and with utmost restraint and calm.
The speaker has also decided to distribute the copies of the report of Commission of National Inquiry (CONI) to the members of the Majlis.
Meanwhile, President Dr. Mohamed Waheed stated that it is imperative that sittings of the People’s Majlis resume in order implement the legal and administrative reforms advised in the report of the Commission regarding the transfer of power on February 7th and the recent reports of the Human Rights Commission of the Maldives on the events leading to February 7th.