- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
- Umar says he didn’t goto appeal committee because it’s under Yameen’s authority
- Nasheed won’t even succeed for the second round of elections- Gasim
- Recent assualts are gang related- CP
- Nasheed Launches MDP Policy on Agriculture
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- Police assist with flood relief in Ga.Villingilli
- 2 men arrested with suspicious narcotics
Listening and obeying is a Muslims duty: Dr. Abdulla Shiham
“Listening and obeying is a Muslims duty” said Dr. Abdulla Shiham while lecturing at the 112th series of the monthly event “Enhancing faith and patriotism”.
Speaking at the event at Kalhuthukkala Koshi Dr. Abdulla Shiham shed light on the importance of obeying military commands as Muslims, and that the principles of following orders in a Muslim military force was premiered after Prophet Mohamed’s (S.A.A.W) Hijra to Medina. Furthermore the ramifications of disobeying military orders were seen at the battle of Uhud.
Dr. Abdulla Shiham shared that the actions of Muslim military force and its soldiers are dictated in Holy Quran, Islamic Shari’ah and Fiqh, also that none of them contradicts the Organization of Islamic Conference, United Nations Charter and human rights law, and that the most important principle which a Muslim soldier should adhere to is to remember that irrespective of the enemy that they are fellow human beings.
The monthly events to “Enhance faith and patriotism” have been held at MNDF for the past 18 years. Last night’s event was attended by Chief of Defense Force Major General Ahmed Shiyam, MNDF Officers, retirees and service personnel and their families.