- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Leaked video shows bullets being shot from military HQ on Feb 7
A video has been leaked which shows bullets being shot from the military headquarters on February 7.
The video shows bullets being shot from the military headquarters towards the Police and the civilians protesting at the Republican Square. According to analysts the sparks seen in the video are bullets shot at the civilians from the military headquarters.
Although it is not clear from this video who was commanding the military to use weapons against the Police and the civilians gathered at the Republican Square other videos show the then President Mohamed Nasheed commanding the military to use weapons and confront the Police and the civilians.
The leaked video has been publicized by the local TV Channel DhiTV and has been posted on their youtube channel. Analysts say that the leaked videos prove that Nasheed had the full authority over the military up until his resignation.
Meanwhile, despite the videos, ‘at gunpoint’, ‘under threat of the army opening fire on the public (the lynch mob he referred to last night)’, ‘police threat to storm the army headquarters’, ‘to prevent foreign influence in domestic affairs’, are just a few amongst the many surprises Nasheed continues to pitch at local and International media since he announced ‘voluntary resignation’ on the 7th of February.