- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
Leaked video shows bullets being shot from military HQ on Feb 7
A video has been leaked which shows bullets being shot from the military headquarters on February 7.
The video shows bullets being shot from the military headquarters towards the Police and the civilians protesting at the Republican Square. According to analysts the sparks seen in the video are bullets shot at the civilians from the military headquarters.
Although it is not clear from this video who was commanding the military to use weapons against the Police and the civilians gathered at the Republican Square other videos show the then President Mohamed Nasheed commanding the military to use weapons and confront the Police and the civilians.
The leaked video has been publicized by the local TV Channel DhiTV and has been posted on their youtube channel. Analysts say that the leaked videos prove that Nasheed had the full authority over the military up until his resignation.
Meanwhile, despite the videos, ‘at gunpoint’, ‘under threat of the army opening fire on the public (the lynch mob he referred to last night)’, ‘police threat to storm the army headquarters’, ‘to prevent foreign influence in domestic affairs’, are just a few amongst the many surprises Nasheed continues to pitch at local and International media since he announced ‘voluntary resignation’ on the 7th of February.