- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
Islam and politics cannot be separated- Sheikh Mohamed Didi
Minister of State for Islamic Affairs Sheikh Mohamed Didi has said that politics cannot be separated from Islam.
Speaking at the Ramadan Revival program Sheikh Moamed Didi said that Islam is not restricted to daily prayers but it is also a political-judicial-cultural ideology as defined by the Quran and the Sunnah as implemented under Islamic Sharia Law.
The sheikh said that Islam obligates enjoining good and forbidding evil. He added that this is ordained in different levels. He said that the punishment of the criminals is a responsibility upon the relevant authorities and not an individual responsibility.
He said that the government is obliged to implement the punishments prescribed in the Islamic Sharia Law.
Sheikh Mohamed Didi stressed that Islam and state is indivisible. He said that Islam cannot be separated from the state because it guides Muslims through every detail of running the state and their lives.