- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
Islam and politics cannot be separated- Sheikh Mohamed Didi
Minister of State for Islamic Affairs Sheikh Mohamed Didi has said that politics cannot be separated from Islam.
Speaking at the Ramadan Revival program Sheikh Moamed Didi said that Islam is not restricted to daily prayers but it is also a political-judicial-cultural ideology as defined by the Quran and the Sunnah as implemented under Islamic Sharia Law.
The sheikh said that Islam obligates enjoining good and forbidding evil. He added that this is ordained in different levels. He said that the punishment of the criminals is a responsibility upon the relevant authorities and not an individual responsibility.
He said that the government is obliged to implement the punishments prescribed in the Islamic Sharia Law.
Sheikh Mohamed Didi stressed that Islam and state is indivisible. He said that Islam cannot be separated from the state because it guides Muslims through every detail of running the state and their lives.