- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
Investigation of the corruption of Nasheed’s regime should be expedited- Yameen
Parliamentary Group Leader of the Progressive Party of the Maldives (PPM), Mulaku constituency MP Abdullah Yameen has said that the investigation of the corruption of former President Mohamed Nasheed’s regime should be expedited.
In an interview to DhiTV, PPM Parliamentary Group Leader Yameen said that Anti Corruption Commission should investigate the corruption of the former government and should send them to the Prosecutor General’s Office as soon as possible.
Yameen said that the corruption cases of the former President Nasheed will not be investigated by President Dr. Waheed or the present government. He said that there is an independent organisation established for these kinds of work. He added that ACC to investigate this case in this regard and submit the case to the PG’s Office.
Yameen said that he does not believe that this investigation should take 6 months and now it is disturbingly only prosecution against those arrested at riots and disorder seen in the streets nowadays.
Mulaku MP also expressed his concern regarding the procrastination of the cases of the terrorist acts in Addu and Thinadhoo and other places on February 8.
“Therefore, ACC should investigate the corruption and send the case to the Prosecute it for prosecution. Government should request the ACC to expedite the case,” he said.
Meanwhile, PPM Parliamentary Group Leader also said that he would file a lawsuit at Singapore against the allegations of corruption made against him by Nasheed and his party MDP.
Yameen said that he is waiting for the final reports of the investigation and to discuss the case with his attorney in Singapore.