- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
If CoNI does not declare there was a coup we will topple the govt through a coup- Nasheed
Former President Mohamed Nasheed has warned that he and his followers will topple the current government through a coup if the Commission of National Inquiry (CoNI) does not declare that it was through a coup that the power was transferred on February 7, 2012.
Stating that he would not return to his residence up until the commission releases its investigative report on the events of February 7, Nasheed camped at Usfasgandu since yesterday. Speaking to the members of the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) last night, Nasheed said that the current government will be toppled by a coup if the commission does not agree that it was a coup that lead to his resignation.
Nashed said that CoNI will conclude that there was no coup although this is against the reality of the events on February 7.
Meanwhile, last week Nasheed said that he will accept the report of the commission regardless of the decision of the commission.
It is noted that along with the former President Nasheed other leaders of MDP have all been camping at Usfasgandu since yesterday. Among them include Parliamentary group members of the MDP and members of Nasheed’s cabinet.