- Maldives addresses the 102nd Session of the International Labour Conference
- MNDF holds graduation ceremony of the 12th drill instructor course
- Case of accidental vehicular homicide forwarded to PG’s Office
- Case of unlawful confinement and sexual exploitation sent to PG’s Office
- Commissioner of Police meets 2 new lecturers for the ISLES Degree Course
- Minister of State for Economic Development Abdulla Ameen and Deputy Minister of Tourism Mohamed Maleeh Jamal Dismissed
- Only Gasim knew the importance of educated youth to build the nation- Ilham
- Nominations for National Awards for Special Achievement close today
- Mahloof resigns as PPM spokesperson
- No issue raised when GMR case was investigated is found in ACC report- Ahmed Mohamed
- Pest control operation in Dh. Kudahuvadhoo
- 2 apprehended and 1 being sought in relation to case of assault
- Police delegation returns from training with the FBI
If CoNI does not declare there was a coup we will topple the govt through a coup- Nasheed
Former President Mohamed Nasheed has warned that he and his followers will topple the current government through a coup if the Commission of National Inquiry (CoNI) does not declare that it was through a coup that the power was transferred on February 7, 2012.
Stating that he would not return to his residence up until the commission releases its investigative report on the events of February 7, Nasheed camped at Usfasgandu since yesterday. Speaking to the members of the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) last night, Nasheed said that the current government will be toppled by a coup if the commission does not agree that it was a coup that lead to his resignation.
Nashed said that CoNI will conclude that there was no coup although this is against the reality of the events on February 7.
Meanwhile, last week Nasheed said that he will accept the report of the commission regardless of the decision of the commission.
It is noted that along with the former President Nasheed other leaders of MDP have all been camping at Usfasgandu since yesterday. Among them include Parliamentary group members of the MDP and members of Nasheed’s cabinet.