- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
HRCM initiates dialogue for a peaceful resolution to the ongoing political conflict
A political dialogue among parties to find a peaceful resolution for the ongoing violence and disagreements has been initiated by the Human Rights Commission of the Maldives (HRCM).
According to HRCM, the main objectives of this initiation is for political parties to collectively work towards sustaining social harmony and creating a human rights culture in the Maldives, to bring an end to human rights violations caused by the ongoing political unrest, and facilitating for a peaceful resolution to the ongoing political disagreements.
The expected outcome of this dialogue, where HRCM will be acting only as a mediator and a facilitator, is for the participants to discuss their issues, reach an agreement on the current situation, and for all political parties to make a collaborative effort to improve the situation.
HRCM has repeatedly called for giving prominence to peaceful dialogue in resolving political conflicts, as it is among democratic principles and encouraged in the Human Rights Commission Act.
Under this campaign HRCM has so far held discussions with Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM), Adhaalath Party, Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP), Islamic Democratic Party (IDP), Maldives National Congress (MNC), Maldives Social Democratic Party (MSDP), Jumhooree Party and Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party (DRP). HRCM stated that they will be meeting with other parties soon.