- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
Govt welcomes MDP’s cessation of its series of anti-governmental protests to offer co-operation in All Party Talks
The Government has welcomed Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) on having ceased its series of anti-governmental protests to offer co-operation in the Political Party Talks. The Government affirmed its strong approval in a press statement released Thursday by the President’s Office.
The Statement confirmed the Government’s advocacy of MDP’s decision to bring an end to its ongoing series of anti-governmental demonstrations, and its willingness to offer co-operation in the Political Party Talks. The Statement stated that the Government had firm belief that consequent to this decision, MDP would also disallow the incitement of violence and harassment targeted at Senior Government Officials, Maldivian National Defense Force and Maldives Police Service.
The Statement also attributed the unproductive nature of Political Party Talks to MDP’s initial refusal, to sit at the discussion table for reaching a consensual agreement. However, the Statement confirmed that the Government had regained its confidence in the prospect of conducting Political Party Talks, and that a specific date for the Talks will be designated upon discussion with the organizing body of the Talks.
The Statement even stressed the Government’s earnest call for public co-operation in creating a stable environment wherein the Political Party Talks may be held smoothly.