- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
Govt welcomes MDP’s cessation of its series of anti-governmental protests to offer co-operation in All Party Talks
The Government has welcomed Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) on having ceased its series of anti-governmental protests to offer co-operation in the Political Party Talks. The Government affirmed its strong approval in a press statement released Thursday by the President’s Office.
The Statement confirmed the Government’s advocacy of MDP’s decision to bring an end to its ongoing series of anti-governmental demonstrations, and its willingness to offer co-operation in the Political Party Talks. The Statement stated that the Government had firm belief that consequent to this decision, MDP would also disallow the incitement of violence and harassment targeted at Senior Government Officials, Maldivian National Defense Force and Maldives Police Service.
The Statement also attributed the unproductive nature of Political Party Talks to MDP’s initial refusal, to sit at the discussion table for reaching a consensual agreement. However, the Statement confirmed that the Government had regained its confidence in the prospect of conducting Political Party Talks, and that a specific date for the Talks will be designated upon discussion with the organizing body of the Talks.
The Statement even stressed the Government’s earnest call for public co-operation in creating a stable environment wherein the Political Party Talks may be held smoothly.