- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Gasim calls for the resignation of Speaker Shahid
Jumhooree P Leader Gasim Ibrahim has called for the resignation of Speaker of the Peoples’ Majlis Abdulla Shahid.
Gasim Ibrahim strongly condemned the Speaker’s absence from the all party discussions with Vice President Waheedudeen yesterday with regard to the deadlock at the Majlis.
Speaking to media after the said meeting, Gasim Ibrahim said that Shahid’s absence from the discussion shows that the Speaker is not interested in ensuring that Majlis moves forward with its responsibilities.
Gasim said that the Jumhooree Party would not take part in any further talks on the subject. He also strongly criticized opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) for the way they acted in the meeting. He said that MDP’s representative’s talks were off the topic and outside the scope of the meeting.
However, he said that if the President requests to participate in a meeting Jumhooree Party would make a final decision after discussions within the party.
Apart from Gasim Ibrahim, the Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM) and Dhivehi Qaumee Party (DQP) also strongly criticized the Speaker.