- Police begins eradicating graffiti from the walls of Male’ City
- Individual found dead in Bilehdhoo
- Special Operation held in M. Atoll Kolhufushi
- Police Museum opens to much fanfare
- President Waheed congratulates Iranian President
- Lack of landing space in Airport causes great losses- Gasim
- President attends Night Market
- Maldives anti-corruption body finds no misdeed in GMR deal: Reports
- Nazim’s case against Thasmeen is a machinated plot- Topi
- President assures to help continuously to get materials necessary to manage IGMH
- It is not clear why ACC suddenly changed their views- Abdullah Mohamed
- Marine equipment’s PVT LTD donated a night vision camera system to MNDF
- CDF Arts & Culture Exhibition launched and Addana magazine published
Current govt is more oppressive than Gayoom’s regime- Dr. Zulfa
Tourism Minister of the former government, Dr. Mariyam Zulfa has said that six month rule of the current government is more oppressive than the thirty year long rule of the former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom.
In an interview to Raajje TV, Dr. Zulfa said that the Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP)’s is not responsible for any unrest and does not support violence. She said that MDP is only staging demonstrations.
Dr.Zulfa said that the former President Mohamed Nasheed is not a leader who supports violence.
Dr. Zulfa accused the current government of toppling the democratic government of Nasheed through a coup. She said that today the people are living in terror and the current government is trying to blow out the light of democracy in the country by terrorizing the people through Police and MNDF.
She said that it is no lie if one claims that today Maldives has been drawn back a hundred years in time. She said that it is a matter of grave concern that the democratic good governance of the country has been destroyed.