- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
Current govt is more oppressive than Gayoom’s regime- Dr. Zulfa
Tourism Minister of the former government, Dr. Mariyam Zulfa has said that six month rule of the current government is more oppressive than the thirty year long rule of the former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom.
In an interview to Raajje TV, Dr. Zulfa said that the Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP)’s is not responsible for any unrest and does not support violence. She said that MDP is only staging demonstrations.
Dr.Zulfa said that the former President Mohamed Nasheed is not a leader who supports violence.
Dr. Zulfa accused the current government of toppling the democratic government of Nasheed through a coup. She said that today the people are living in terror and the current government is trying to blow out the light of democracy in the country by terrorizing the people through Police and MNDF.
She said that it is no lie if one claims that today Maldives has been drawn back a hundred years in time. She said that it is a matter of grave concern that the democratic good governance of the country has been destroyed.