- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
Consultative Committee Meeting for the Project for Clean Energy Promotion in Male’
Consultative Committee Meeting for the Project for Clean Energy Promotion in Male’ was held on 08th August 2012 at Ministry of Finance and Treasury. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the project progress, and its future plan. Participants from JICA, JICS, Ministry of Environment and Energy, Ministry of Finance and Treasury and State Electric Company Limited were also present at the meeting. This meeting was chaired by Mohamed Ahmed, Financial Controller, Ministry of Finance and Treasury.
During the meeting it was agreed to utilize the remaining funds of the grant to install additional solar PV on additional buildings in Male’. With the installation of solar panels under the third phase of the project total installed capacity under the project will reach 775kWp. With this amount total solar PV installation in Male’ will be equal to 1.4 percent of the installed capacity of Male’.