- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
CONI presents its final report to the President
The Commission of National Inquiry (CONI), constituted by the President by decree, has presented its final report to President Dr Mohamed Waheed, following the completion of its investigative work. The report was presented to the President by the Co-Chair of the Commission, former Singaporean judge, Justice G Pannirselvam.
At the ceremony held at the President’s Office this morning, members of the commission briefed the President on the details of the main points included in the report. The President expressed his gratitude to the members of the commission for their hard work and efforts.