- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
CoNI’s report invalidates all that we saw and experienced on Feb 7: Gaha Saeed
Gaha Ahmed Saeed, President Mohamed Nasheed’s Nominee in the Commission of National Inquiry (CoNI) has said that the draft report of the commission into the events surrounding the transfer of executive office on 7 February 2012, written by Judge Selvam presented to him yesterday invalidates all that the people saw and experienced on that day.
Speaking to the press, Nasheed’s Nominee in CoNI, Gaha Saeed said that there are significant gaps in the draft and does not include evidence and statements given to the Commission by many people. He said that he believes that remaining silent on the unfolding of events would be an injustice to this nation and to the people of the Maldives.
“7 February 2012 shocked all Maldivians. The draft report, written by Judge Selvam presented to me today invalidates all that we saw and experienced on that day,” he said.
Gaha Saeed said that he feels that it is only that he shares his concerns with the people out of respect to the responsibility that was entrusted to him upon his acceptance of the CoNI membership. He said that he continues in his efforts to ensure that his concerns are included in the report.
In view of these statements, the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) passed a resolution to reject the report of CoNI to be released on 30 August, 2012.