- Japan grants aid of 200 million Yen to Maldives
- Germany grants 3 million Euro project to support for climate neutrality strategy of the Maldives
- President Yameen and First Lady accept invitation for an official visit to Japan
- Postage Stamp Museum inaugurated
- We will seek out drug dealers from which ever country they hide- Home Minister
- Govt wants to reduce taxi fares- Minister
- MDP halted issuing of reports exposing corruption- Riyaz
- Vice President calls for greater private sector engagement for effective health care delivery
- An individual suspected of being involved in large scale drug trafficking arrested
- President highlights bilateral cooperation between Maldives and Japan
- Shifag underscores importance of strengthening JP to achieve international success
- We will make our services agreeable for the people – Islamic Minister
- Kidney diseases and cancer treatments to be provided from the islands- Dr. Shakeela
CoNI’s report exposes the lies of Nasheed in the past six months- Gasim
Leader of Jumhooree Party (JP) Gasim Ibrahim has said that the report of the independent Commission of National Inquiry (CoNI) into the circumstances surrounding the February 7 transfer of power has exposed the many lies of former President Mohamed Nasheed to the world.
Speaking on air on VTV, Gasim Ibrahim said that the release of the report has revealed the true nature of former President Nasheed to the whole world and has smashed the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) into pieces.
Gasim said that Nasheed has been lying without shame in public after resigning on his own accord willingly.
“For the sake of regaining power Nasheed destroyed the economy of the Maldives and caused unrest in the country reviling the honour of the nation and violating the rights of the people,” he said.
Gasim Ibrahim said that he is ready to make whatever sacrifices necessary to reforming the nation. He also expressed joy at the release of the report. He said that the report will be a refutation upon those who accuse him.
Gasim strongly condemned the actions of Nasheed and the members of the Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) to incite the people to hate and loathe the law enforcement officers.