- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
CoNI’s report exposes the lies of Nasheed in the past six months- Gasim
Leader of Jumhooree Party (JP) Gasim Ibrahim has said that the report of the independent Commission of National Inquiry (CoNI) into the circumstances surrounding the February 7 transfer of power has exposed the many lies of former President Mohamed Nasheed to the world.
Speaking on air on VTV, Gasim Ibrahim said that the release of the report has revealed the true nature of former President Nasheed to the whole world and has smashed the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) into pieces.
Gasim said that Nasheed has been lying without shame in public after resigning on his own accord willingly.
“For the sake of regaining power Nasheed destroyed the economy of the Maldives and caused unrest in the country reviling the honour of the nation and violating the rights of the people,” he said.
Gasim Ibrahim said that he is ready to make whatever sacrifices necessary to reforming the nation. He also expressed joy at the release of the report. He said that the report will be a refutation upon those who accuse him.
Gasim strongly condemned the actions of Nasheed and the members of the Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) to incite the people to hate and loathe the law enforcement officers.