- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
Cases of MP Hamid Abdul Ghafoor and MP Ibrahim Rasheed sent to PG
Prosecutor General’s office yesterday confirmed that it has received the cases of MDP MP Hamid Abdul Ghafoor (pic) and MDP MP Ibrahim Rasheed (aka Bondaa) for prosecution.
According the PG’s Office, the violations cited are obstruction of police performing their duties. In addition, MP Hamid is also charged with refusing to give a urine sample to police. The cases were sent to PGO by the Maldives Police earlier this month, while a case against MDP MP Imthiyaz Fahmy was sent last month.