- Message by Minister of Foreign Affairs on the occasion of the International Human Rights
- Quick steps will be taken to provide quality health care- Minister
- Gasim urges to allocate budget to train professional journalists
- Halal certificate issuing to be gazetted next week
- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
Blood donor information website launched
Blood.mv, a website from which people are able to request for blood donors and able to search for blood seekers has been launched yesterday.
The website is a Blood Donor Online Database for Maldives, designed, developed & established by Shell Tech Solutions as a non-profit social responsibility along with Crucial stakeholders such as Ministry of Health, Maldivian Thalassaemia Society and Dhiraagu.
In a special ceremony held at Traders Hotel to officially launch the website, Dhiraagu Chief Executive Ismail Rashed said that the online database was designed by Shell Tech with the assistance of engineers from Dhiraagu.
According to the stakeholders, by using this unique online directory, available blood donors can be identified quickly and contacted via a simple SMS, saving valuable time for the blood seekers. Also a simple SMS would enable to register blood donors.