- Pest control operation in Dh. Kudahuvadhoo
- 2 apprehended and 1 being sought in relation to case of assault
- Police delegation returns from training with the FBI
- President Waheed reaffirms commitment to improve the standard of IGMH
- Police help rescue Snorkeler who went missing
- EU Ambassador pays farewell call on President Waheed
- President’s Office directs all govt offices to participate winners of national Quran competitions at official functions
- 23rd Session of the Human Rights Council concludes in Geneva
- JP congress to be held on July 10
- AK underscores the importance of more people joining to get economic freedom
- Home Ministry requests all to refrain from painting public areas in political colours
- Police begins eradicating graffiti from the walls of Male’ City
- Individual found dead in Bilehdhoo
Audio leaked of Nasheed expressing discontent over CMAG’s decision
An audio has been leaked by DhiTV of the former President Mohamed Nasheed in which he is heard expressing discontent over the assessment of the Commonwealth Ministerial Action Group (CMAG) on the transfer of power on February 7.
In the recorded audio Nasheed is heard saying that the Foreign Ministers of Barbados and Bangladesh, and the Foreign Secretary of Australia from CMAG met him during their visit to Maldives and told him that there was no coup involved in the transfer of power.
Nothing that they know him in more capacities than one, Nasheed states that the CMAG then asked for his counsel on what they should do next.
Furthermore, in the audio aired on DhiTV Nasheed is heard saying that he asked them for their advice on what steps he should take if they are to reveal their decision that there was no coup. He said that he told them that the opposition will be jailed.