- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
Astronomer Parag Mahajani to Conduct Astronomy Sessions at Six Senses Laamu
Maldives Promotion House – Astronomer Dr Parag Mahajani, who is an independent consultant and trainer in the fields of Science and Technology, Fellow of Royal Astronomical Society, London (FRAS) is visiting Six Senses Laamu from 21st October to 1st November
Dr Parag Mahajani has obtained prestigious awards such as State Level Best Literature Award Winner (C. D. Deshmukh Puraskar) for Science and Technology for the book “Tarakanchya Vishwat” from Maharashtra Government 2005-06. He has written around 500 articles in various newspapers of India and abroad on science and technology and given around 1000 lectures till date on Telecom, Astronomy and other subjects.
Parag will be in Six Senses Laamu to fascinate the guests and hosts on the world above. He is doing astronomy for the last 25 years and frequently visits Six Senses resorts to delight guests with his slide-shows, talks and sky observation programs. He will be having Astronomical Observations and talks every clear night during his visit from 21:00 PM onwards.
Also, with his special Solar Telescope, guests can look at the Sun with his flares and magnetic storms from 10:00 to 11:00 AM in the morning.