- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
Allah created every living creature from water- Gayoom
Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom has stated that Allah has mentioned in the Qur’an that He created every living creature from water.
Former Gayoom made this remark at ‘Ramadan IhyaProgram’ held by Maumoon Foundation last night. Gayoom spoke on the topic ‘the Blessing of Water according to the Noble Qur’an”.
Gayom said that all life forms need water in order to survive. He added that animals in dry regions, therefore, have been created with mechanisms to protect their metabolisms from water loss and to ensure maximum benefit from water use.
He said that Allah stated in the Qur’an which means “(And it is He Who sends the winds as heralds of glad tidings, going before His Mercy (rain). Till when they have carried a heavy-laden cloud, We drive it to a land that is dead, then We cause water (rain) to descend thereon. Then We produce every kind of fruit therewith. Similarly, We shall raise up the dead, so that you may remember or take heed.”
Moreover, Gayoom said that Allah has stated in the Qur’an that it is He who sends down water from the sky and by it brings the dead ground back to life. There is certainly a Sign in that for people who hear.