- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
Allah created every living creature from water- Gayoom
Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom has stated that Allah has mentioned in the Qur’an that He created every living creature from water.
Former Gayoom made this remark at ‘Ramadan IhyaProgram’ held by Maumoon Foundation last night. Gayoom spoke on the topic ‘the Blessing of Water according to the Noble Qur’an”.
Gayom said that all life forms need water in order to survive. He added that animals in dry regions, therefore, have been created with mechanisms to protect their metabolisms from water loss and to ensure maximum benefit from water use.
He said that Allah stated in the Qur’an which means “(And it is He Who sends the winds as heralds of glad tidings, going before His Mercy (rain). Till when they have carried a heavy-laden cloud, We drive it to a land that is dead, then We cause water (rain) to descend thereon. Then We produce every kind of fruit therewith. Similarly, We shall raise up the dead, so that you may remember or take heed.”
Moreover, Gayoom said that Allah has stated in the Qur’an that it is He who sends down water from the sky and by it brings the dead ground back to life. There is certainly a Sign in that for people who hear.