- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
A nation should be built based on the public welfare of the country-VP
Vice President Mohamed Waheed Deen has said that the nation should be built not upon one’s own welfare but for the public welfare of the country.
Vice President Mohamed Waheed Deen made this remark at the official opening ceremony of the Hitachi Futsal Arena in Hulhumale, Thursday evening.
Speaking at the ceremony, the Vice President said that a nation needs to be built by creating a valuable younger generation. Speaking in this regard, the Vice President said that the development of the youth should not only be focused on the school system, but that sports too shape a person, and instill self-confidence.
The Vice President noted the importance given by the government to discussion and debate, saying that the President, ministers and other senior officials of the government were constantly working to create an environment for peaceful discussion.
Vice President also said that the “HITACHI Futsal Arena” is the first phase of the project “Unity Through Futsal” that is aimed at constructing seven futsal arenas. Highlighting the importance of youth for the development of a nation, he said that to boost the progress of the nation we need to build a valuable youth with patriotism. He also stressed that sports play a major role in character building and enhance self-confidence. “Therefore, this Futsal ground would be a precious one and those who play in this ground must display good manners and discipline in order to obtain good results from it”, said the Vice President.
Praising the active contribution of MNDF and Maldives Police Service in the construction of this arena within only two months period, the Vice President said that MNDF and Police personnel of this nation has proved that they are not only the security forces but also people who are attending to the needs of the citizens.