- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
A decision on the 25million dollar budget support loan should be expedited- Finance Minister
Minister of Finance Abdullah Jihad has said that it is important the Peoples’ Majlis expedite a decision on USD25 million loan from India as part of the loan to be taken for State budget support. He said that if the Majlis does not make a decision soon than the country might have to face severe economic problems.
He said that the government found the need to obtain the 25 million dollar because of the increase in the budget deficit. He said that this loan will be obtained as a budget support.
Minister Jihad noted that the bank guarantee period has expired while the Majlis failed to make a decision regarding the 125million dollar bank guarantee. He said that this will cause many difficulties for the contractors.
The Minister said that the government has requested the Majlis with two important matters. He said that the government in this regard has submitted the issue of the 25million dollar and the case of the bank guarantee for the 125million dollars to be released.