- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
- Visit’s main purpose is to stop crimes perpetrated via foreign countries- Home Minister
- We will work in unity and we will make this a successful govt- Shifag
- Special importance will be given to create a capable young team- MD Adam Azim
- China pledges assistance to restore the damages to Dhiffushi School
- President Meets with the IMF Mission Chief to the Maldives
- Countries must be able to work together while maintaining sovereignty and cultural differences- President
A decision on the 25million dollar budget support loan should be expedited- Finance Minister
Minister of Finance Abdullah Jihad has said that it is important the Peoples’ Majlis expedite a decision on USD25 million loan from India as part of the loan to be taken for State budget support. He said that if the Majlis does not make a decision soon than the country might have to face severe economic problems.
He said that the government found the need to obtain the 25 million dollar because of the increase in the budget deficit. He said that this loan will be obtained as a budget support.
Minister Jihad noted that the bank guarantee period has expired while the Majlis failed to make a decision regarding the 125million dollar bank guarantee. He said that this will cause many difficulties for the contractors.
The Minister said that the government has requested the Majlis with two important matters. He said that the government in this regard has submitted the issue of the 25million dollar and the case of the bank guarantee for the 125million dollars to be released.