- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
- Umar says he didn’t goto appeal committee because it’s under Yameen’s authority
- Nasheed won’t even succeed for the second round of elections- Gasim
- Recent assualts are gang related- CP
- Nasheed Launches MDP Policy on Agriculture
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- Police assist with flood relief in Ga.Villingilli
- 2 men arrested with suspicious narcotics
Workshop on Women and Energy held
A workshop on “Woman and Energy” organized by Ministry of Environment and Energy in collaboration with South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Energy Centre began on 2nd July 2012 Bandos Island Resort.
The objective of this two day workshop is to provide opportunity to reflect and highlight important areas of energy and issues which have greater bearing on social equity and extension of benefits to women and men.
This important workshop was inaugurated by the Controller of Immigration and Emigration Dr. Mohamed Ali. During the opening remarks he highlighted the importance of women’s role in addressing the energy issues as the 50 percent of the population of the SAARC region are women.
Delegates from all SAARC member states were attending this workshop. At the end of the workshop the participants will be able to understand and recognize women’s role in energy sector for sustainable development. Determining initiatives and way forward required moving in ensuring an inclusive approach on gender in energy sector.