- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Workshop on Women and Energy held
A workshop on “Woman and Energy” organized by Ministry of Environment and Energy in collaboration with South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Energy Centre began on 2nd July 2012 Bandos Island Resort.
The objective of this two day workshop is to provide opportunity to reflect and highlight important areas of energy and issues which have greater bearing on social equity and extension of benefits to women and men.
This important workshop was inaugurated by the Controller of Immigration and Emigration Dr. Mohamed Ali. During the opening remarks he highlighted the importance of women’s role in addressing the energy issues as the 50 percent of the population of the SAARC region are women.
Delegates from all SAARC member states were attending this workshop. At the end of the workshop the participants will be able to understand and recognize women’s role in energy sector for sustainable development. Determining initiatives and way forward required moving in ensuring an inclusive approach on gender in energy sector.