- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
What we are witnessing in Maldives is the influence of the enemies of Islam: Shameem
Minister of State for Tourism Ministry, Ahmed Shameem has said that what is witnessed in Maldives today is the influence those who are concerned about peace and stability being maintained in a hundred percent Muslim country.
Shameem said that the enemies of Islam want to wrongly depict Muslims as blood hungry people who are against peace. He said that they cannot digest the fact that a Muslim state such as Maldives maintains peace and calm without bloodshed.
He noted that “the enemies of Islam have been plotting to plunge the country into turmoil since long before however the governments before the last government have not given them any opportunity to achieve this.”
“When MDP ruled just for the sake of monetary gain they gave these people the chance to plot and enter into the country,” he said.
Shameem stressed that these people who want to destroy the Islamic unity of Maldives are ready to spend millions of dollars to restore the MDP government to achieve their sinister agendas.
“Maldives is among the three countries listed as the only hundred percent Muslim countries. They want to remove this status from these countries,” he said. He said that the enemies of Islam are also trying to remove the hundred percent Muslim status in Saudi Arabia.
Furthermore, Shameem noted that the enemies of Islam will never value any good that comes from the Maldives and they will do whatever they can to restore a government that will act as their puppet to achieve their goals.