- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
We do not want to partake in any dialogue with a people who want to threaten peace: JP
Jumhooree Party has said that the part would not partake in any dialogue with people who want to threaten the peace and stability of Maldives.
Jumhooree Party Leader Dr. Ibrahim Didi said that the all party talks is an important dialogue but it is not necessary to hold it outside the Maldives.
Dr. Didi said that the council of Jumhooree Party has decided not to participate in the talks until the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) stop their harassment of the law enforcement officers of Police and the Maldivian National Defence Force under the guise of ‘MDP direct action protests’.
Dr. Didi said that the party council strongly condemns these activities of the MDP. He said that these activities are against the spirit of Ramadan.
The representative of Jumhooree Party in the all party talks, Abbas Adil Riza said that the talks can continue when MDP as a party makes decisions in the meetings rather than they rely on the decision of one individual.
“I do not believe that the thoughts of one single individual can be the thoughts of the party. A dialogue between parties can only continue when parties partake in it and the parties make their own decisions. I do not believe that dialogue held between individuals would reap any benefit of solve any problems,” he said.