- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
We do not want to partake in any dialogue with a people who want to threaten peace: JP
Jumhooree Party has said that the part would not partake in any dialogue with people who want to threaten the peace and stability of Maldives.
Jumhooree Party Leader Dr. Ibrahim Didi said that the all party talks is an important dialogue but it is not necessary to hold it outside the Maldives.
Dr. Didi said that the council of Jumhooree Party has decided not to participate in the talks until the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) stop their harassment of the law enforcement officers of Police and the Maldivian National Defence Force under the guise of ‘MDP direct action protests’.
Dr. Didi said that the party council strongly condemns these activities of the MDP. He said that these activities are against the spirit of Ramadan.
The representative of Jumhooree Party in the all party talks, Abbas Adil Riza said that the talks can continue when MDP as a party makes decisions in the meetings rather than they rely on the decision of one individual.
“I do not believe that the thoughts of one single individual can be the thoughts of the party. A dialogue between parties can only continue when parties partake in it and the parties make their own decisions. I do not believe that dialogue held between individuals would reap any benefit of solve any problems,” he said.