- EarthCheck certifies Centara Grand Maldives
- Soneva unveil new wellness programs
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives tops TripAdvisor North Malé Atoll rangking within six weeks
- IGMH resumes anaesthetic service
- Person reported missing from Fresmaathodaa has been found alive
- Manhunt launched related to case of assault with a sharp object
- Large drug bust and arrest in Addu City
- President to give President Medals to O Level world top achievers
- Defence Minister departs to Geneva for the “Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction” forum
- Govt is working to maintain the core of this nation- President
- Gasim vows to compensate for the damages of Tsunami on Filladhoo
- DRP was divided by Gayoom, not Umar Naseer- Thasmeen
- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
We are witnessing the last stage of Nasheed- Adheeb
Minister of Tourism Ahmed Adheeb has said that Former President Nasheed’s recent call to boycott the Maldives tourism, the largest economy industry of the Maldives, is Nasheed’s last stage.
Adheeb said that there is no leader in history who has attempted to destroy the economy of the very country he ruled. He said that even during Nasheed’s rule the tourism industry was expressing concern because of the recklessness of the former administration by trying to weaken the main source of income for the country.
Adheeb noted that during Nasheed’s regime, he leased uninhabited islands to his close associates. He said that the present government will only lease uninhabited islands under the tourism master plan. He said that the island will be open for international bidding and the government will only lease the island with the assurance that the island will be developed under the tourism master plan.
“We have seen the consequences of going around the globe begging for someone to buy the islands. From the 100 islands leaded by the former two governments only 15 were developed up until now,” he said.
Adheeb said that there are rich businessmen and leaders who want to build luxury villas in the resorts but that will be also done in the manner that will of the most benefit for the country.
In relation to President Dr. Mohamed Waheed’s announcement that the whole of the Maldives will become a marine reserve by 2017, Adheeb said that is a huge success achieved by the nation. He said that there is hope that this will lower the costs of the huge damage caused by Nasheed’s immature statements in relation to the environment of the Maldives.