- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
Vice President calls for better rehabilitation services
Vice President Mohamed Waheed Deen has said that patients completing their rehabilitation need to be trained into more productive people, for the facility to be successful.
The Vice President made this remark while speaking at the 15th anniversary function of the Drug Rehabilitation Centre. The Vice President said that the battle against illegal drug abuse and its trade was on top of the government’s agenda.
Speaking in this regard, the Vice President noted that a high number of our youth were victim to the use of illegal drugs. Stressing that protecting the country from the abuse and trade of illegal drugs was the responsibility of the whole society, the Vice President called for everyone’s cooperation and participation in preventing drug trafficking.
Further, the Vice President said that for a country to rebuild its reputation, from being considered a country with a dangerously high crime rate, or one with an unstable political climate, would be very challenging.