- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
Tourism boycott campaign of Nasheed is in opposition to party charter: Colonel
Opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP)’s Parliamentary Group member, Nolhivaram constituency MP Mohamed “Colonel” Nasheed has said that the tourism boycott campaign of the former President Mohamed Nasheed and some few members of the party are carried out outside the charter of the MDP.
Colonel said that the MDP has not decided to halt the tourism industry by calling for a boycott against Maldives tourism. He said that no organ of the party has decided as such and if a few members of the party are making such a call then it is done in opposition to MDP charter.
He said that although matters related to the tourism industry and the transfer of power were discussed in the national council meeting no decisions were taken to start a campaign to boycott the country’s tourism.
Colonel noted that the MDP is working towards coming back to power and it is not acceptable that destroying the economy of the Maldives is part of that work.
He said that the Maldives is a branded name in the international world and to destroy that name is a matter of grave concern.