- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
State Minister Shameem meets Chinese delegation of of Zhanjiang Province
The State Minister and senior officials of the Tourism Ministry met with the Chinese delegation of Zhanjiang Province (Hangzhou) the capital city on 27th June 2012. The delegation was headed by the Mayor of Hangzhou city, Mr. Shao Zhanwei.
The purpose of this visit is to seek investment opportunities for the Chinese investors in the tourism sector in the Maldives and to build their relationship with the Maldives tourism industry.
During the Meeting, Mr. Shao Zhanwei gave a brief review of the Hangzhou City. The State Minister Mr. Ahmed Shameem gave a brief explanation regarding the history of tourism in the Maldives and the new developments in the industry.
Deputy Minister Mr. Mohamed Maleeh Jamaal highlighted on investment opportunities in the Maldives. Also a presentation about the industry was presented to the Mayor during this meeting. Discussions were mainly focused on tourism development and ways in which both countries can collaborate in this aspect.