- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
State Minister Shameem meets Chinese delegation of of Zhanjiang Province
The State Minister and senior officials of the Tourism Ministry met with the Chinese delegation of Zhanjiang Province (Hangzhou) the capital city on 27th June 2012. The delegation was headed by the Mayor of Hangzhou city, Mr. Shao Zhanwei.
The purpose of this visit is to seek investment opportunities for the Chinese investors in the tourism sector in the Maldives and to build their relationship with the Maldives tourism industry.
During the Meeting, Mr. Shao Zhanwei gave a brief review of the Hangzhou City. The State Minister Mr. Ahmed Shameem gave a brief explanation regarding the history of tourism in the Maldives and the new developments in the industry.
Deputy Minister Mr. Mohamed Maleeh Jamaal highlighted on investment opportunities in the Maldives. Also a presentation about the industry was presented to the Mayor during this meeting. Discussions were mainly focused on tourism development and ways in which both countries can collaborate in this aspect.