- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
State Minister Shameem meets Chinese delegation of of Zhanjiang Province
The State Minister and senior officials of the Tourism Ministry met with the Chinese delegation of Zhanjiang Province (Hangzhou) the capital city on 27th June 2012. The delegation was headed by the Mayor of Hangzhou city, Mr. Shao Zhanwei.
The purpose of this visit is to seek investment opportunities for the Chinese investors in the tourism sector in the Maldives and to build their relationship with the Maldives tourism industry.
During the Meeting, Mr. Shao Zhanwei gave a brief review of the Hangzhou City. The State Minister Mr. Ahmed Shameem gave a brief explanation regarding the history of tourism in the Maldives and the new developments in the industry.
Deputy Minister Mr. Mohamed Maleeh Jamaal highlighted on investment opportunities in the Maldives. Also a presentation about the industry was presented to the Mayor during this meeting. Discussions were mainly focused on tourism development and ways in which both countries can collaborate in this aspect.