- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Ramadan or not MDP says they cannot stop the protests
Opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) has said that they cannot stop the direct action street activities and the protests whether it is the month of Ramadan.
In the rally held at the Usfasgandu last evening, former Transport Minister Adil Saleem said that the ongoing protests of the MDP will be continued even in Ramadan.
“Ramadan or not, whether it be Eid or not we will not stop. Our condition is getting worse ever day. We are not getting our monthly wages. And that is having an effect on our food. So I am calling not to rest not today or tomorrow until an election is held and democracy is restored,” Adil said.
Adil said that the government will send the former President Mohamed Nasheed and top leaders of the MDP to prison. He said that the government will start harassing and attacking the people after imprisoning Nasheed.