- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
President Waheed meets Foreign Dignitaries
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has met the foreign dignitaries who arrived for the Independence Day celebrations.
At the meeting held at the President’s Office yesterday, the President briefed the foreign dignitaries on the current political and economic state of the Maldives.
Speaking at the meeting, President Waheed highlighted the political and economic challenges being faced in the Maldives, and the measures being taken by the government in solving the issues.
The President reiterated that the government needs the supports and assistance from the international community in solving these issues.
Following his statement, the President also answered some questions posed to him from the foreign dignitaries.