- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
President invited to Islamic Summit Conference
President Dr.Mohamed Waheed has been invited by the King Abdulla bin Abdul Aziz of Saudi Arabia for the Organization of Islamic Cooperation’s fourth session of the Islamic Summit Conference.
The summit will be held in Mecca on 14 and 15 August 2012 which corresponds to 26 and 27of the blessed month of Ramadan.
The summit will deliberate upon the threats of fragmentation and sedition being faced by the Muslim world and would provide an opportunity to Muslim leaders to discuss the problems of the Ummah.
Deputy Head of Mission of the Embassy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in Colombo Farouk M.W. Ali, paid a courtesy call on President Dr. Waheed and invited him to the summit.
At the meeting, President Waheed and Mr Farouk Ali spoke on the close bilateral relations the Maldives and Saudi Arabiya held.
The President expressed his gratitude to the Saudi government for their continuous support and generous assistance provided to the Maldives. The President also expressed his confidence that under the leadership of Crown Prince Salman bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud of Saudi Arabia, the people of Saudi Arabia will be blessed with more prosperous years ahead.
Further, Farouk Ali briefed President Waheed on the preparations underway for the Organization of Islamic Cooperation’s fourth session of the Islamic Summit Conference, to be held in Mecca on 14 and 15 August 2012.