- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
President Appoints Crime Reduction Coordinating Committee and Crime Prevention Taskforce
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has established the Crime Reduction Coordinating Committee, and the Crime Prevention Taskforce, to coordinate the control and prevention of the recent outbreak of dangerous crimes in the country.
The Crime Reduction Coordinating Committee will work under the direct supervision of the President.
Members of the Crime Reduction Coordinating Committee are as follows: President Dr Mohamed Waheed; Vice President Mohamed Waheeduddeen; Dr Mohamed Jameel Ahmed, Minister of Home Affairs; Mohamed Nazim, Minister of Defence and National Security; Uza Aishath Azima Shakoor, Attorney General; Uz Ahmed Muiz, Prosecutor General; Uz Abdulla Mohamed, Chief Judge at the Criminal Court and Commissioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz.
Vice President Mohamed Waheeduddeen was appointed as the Chairman of the Crime Prevention Taskforce, while a representative from the Ministry of Defence and National Security will head the taskforce. Other members of the taskforce are as follows: Minister of Home Affairs ; Minister of Defence and National Security; Attorney General; Commissioner of Police; Representative from the Department of Penitentiary and Rehabilitation Services; Chief of Defence Force Major General Ahmed Shiyam; Representative from the President’s Office and Representative from the Ministry of Finance and Treasury.