- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
President’s political agenda will resolve political issues in the country- US
Ambassador of the United States to the Maldives Patricia Butenis has said that the political agenda of President Dr. Mohamed Waheed, which includes the all party talks and the investigation of the national inquiry commission, will resolve the current difficulties specifically the political issues in the country.
Speaking at the function held at Traders Hotel to mark the 236th Independence Day of the US, Ambassador Butenis underscored that it is important that all political parties work for the betterment of the nation and give importance to what is best for the country over their own needs.
She stressed that that although democracy can be established in a country, it is difficult to maintain it unless all political parties cooperate to strengthen democracy and the media is given true freedom and independence.
Ambassador Butenis who has spent the last three years as the ambassador of US for Sri Lanka and Maldives further said that if all political parties give importance to the welfare of the country above their own welfare then all the political problems that are witnessed in Maldives and even in other parts of the world can be cured.
She said that the US supports the initiative taken by the President with the assistance of the Commonwealth to form a Commission of National Inquiry to investigate the events of the transfer of power. She said that US supports this initiative because the government is trying to resolve the issues by consulting all major political parties.