- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
People who long for freedom is the prerequisite to become a free nation – Nasheed
Former President Mohamed Nasheed has said that the people who long for freedom is the prerequisite to become a free nation.
Former President made this remark in his statement on the occasion of the 47th Independence Day of the Maldives.
“The real secret reasoning that a free people shall not be doomed to slavery, is the noble fact that Islam welcomes the human values of forgiveness and benignancy in dealing with others,” he said. He added that “Therefore, only one prerequisite is required to become a free nation, that being, like these times, that our nation is blessed with a people who love and long for freedom.”
Nasheed said that he is proud to see our country among the list of independent nations of the world. He said that thereafter it is paramount that an independent sovereign country such as ours, should ensure the realities of all natures of freedom are protected, for the country’s generations to come.
Furthermore, the former President extended his greetings to the all the Maldivian people “ceaselessly striving to embrace, uphold and sustain the national independence of Maldives, understanding amongst her individuals and her human dignity as a united county.”