- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
Paskitan donates MRF1 million to Maldives
Pakistan has donated one million Maldivian Rufiyya to Government of Maldives. During a ceremony held at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs yesterday the donation was handed over to Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Dunya Maumoon by Pakistan High Commissioner to the Maldives Akhtar Ali Sulehri.
The donation will be used to build a 3 storey library building in Kolhumadulu Guraidhoo. It will be a public library with a special children’s section, which will facilitate children to develop their minds and also help to practice reading as part of life.
Speaking at the ceremony, Pakistan High Commissioner said that he believed that the library will be a great benefit to the people of Guraidhoo and hoped that they will make the best use of it.
State Minister Dunya thanked the Pakistan Government for the donation and also thanked the High Commissioner for his efforts to strengthen the close bilateral relations that exists between the two countries.