- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
- Visit’s main purpose is to stop crimes perpetrated via foreign countries- Home Minister
- We will work in unity and we will make this a successful govt- Shifag
- Special importance will be given to create a capable young team- MD Adam Azim
- China pledges assistance to restore the damages to Dhiffushi School
- President Meets with the IMF Mission Chief to the Maldives
- Countries must be able to work together while maintaining sovereignty and cultural differences- President
Paskitan donates MRF1 million to Maldives
Pakistan has donated one million Maldivian Rufiyya to Government of Maldives. During a ceremony held at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs yesterday the donation was handed over to Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Dunya Maumoon by Pakistan High Commissioner to the Maldives Akhtar Ali Sulehri.
The donation will be used to build a 3 storey library building in Kolhumadulu Guraidhoo. It will be a public library with a special children’s section, which will facilitate children to develop their minds and also help to practice reading as part of life.
Speaking at the ceremony, Pakistan High Commissioner said that he believed that the library will be a great benefit to the people of Guraidhoo and hoped that they will make the best use of it.
State Minister Dunya thanked the Pakistan Government for the donation and also thanked the High Commissioner for his efforts to strengthen the close bilateral relations that exists between the two countries.