- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
Palestinian Ambassador pays courtesy call on President Waheed
Ambassador of Palestine accredited to the Maldives Dr Anwar Al-Agha has paid a courtesy call on President Dr Mohamed Waheed yesterday.
At the meeting held at the President’s Office yesterday morning, President Waheed briefed the Ambassador on the current political situation in the country, underlining the vast extent to which the freedom of expression is permitted through the democratic system in the Maldives.
Highlighting the long existing brotherly relations between the Maldives and Palestine, the President and the Ambassador discussed ways to further enhance cooperation between the two countries in the areas of business, tourism and other industries.
Ambassador Al-Agha congratulated President Waheed for the patient and wise steps being taken by the President, in stabilising the political climate of the country. The Ambassador also emphasised the need to manage internal affairs without any external influence.