- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
Only terrorists would revile national heroes as rebels- Abbas
Jumhooree Party Council member Abbas Adil Riza has said that only terrorists would revile those who sacrificed so much for their nation with derogatory terms such as calling them “rebels”.
Speaking at the ceremony held to inaugurate the Jumhooree Party activity centre of K. Dhiffushi, Abbas said that many terrorists and arsonists who attacked and burned many state institutions are on the loose and soon they will be put where they belong. He said that there is no room for terrorists in the Maldives.
Abbas said that those who speak about the transfer of power on February 7 should ponder over the events of February 6.
He said that the former President Mohamed Nasheed and some senior officers of Police intelligence planned to stage a massacre at Artificial Beach on February 6. He said this has been witnessed by the people and the media has footages of the events.
“There motive was to cause a massacre and abolish the courts of law. They wanted to abolish the constitution. This is the worst rebellion ever. There will be no other rebellion worse than this,” he said.
He said that this plan of the former President to stage a massacre was foiled by the sincere police officers who sacrificed so much for the sake of the nation.