- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
Only terrorists would revile national heroes as rebels- Abbas
Jumhooree Party Council member Abbas Adil Riza has said that only terrorists would revile those who sacrificed so much for their nation with derogatory terms such as calling them “rebels”.
Speaking at the ceremony held to inaugurate the Jumhooree Party activity centre of K. Dhiffushi, Abbas said that many terrorists and arsonists who attacked and burned many state institutions are on the loose and soon they will be put where they belong. He said that there is no room for terrorists in the Maldives.
Abbas said that those who speak about the transfer of power on February 7 should ponder over the events of February 6.
He said that the former President Mohamed Nasheed and some senior officers of Police intelligence planned to stage a massacre at Artificial Beach on February 6. He said this has been witnessed by the people and the media has footages of the events.
“There motive was to cause a massacre and abolish the courts of law. They wanted to abolish the constitution. This is the worst rebellion ever. There will be no other rebellion worse than this,” he said.
He said that this plan of the former President to stage a massacre was foiled by the sincere police officers who sacrificed so much for the sake of the nation.