- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
Officer Suffering Post-traumatic Amnesia Sent Abroad for Further Treatment
Police officer being seriously injured by activists from the ongoing Maldivian Democratic Party riot in Male’ City had been sent abroad for further treatment due for damages to brain due to assault on his head. The officer was attacked by a gang of activists when he was on duty patrolling Male’ city two days ago.
The attackers rounded him up in Dhilbahaaru Magu near the Machchangolhi cemetery in Male’.
Lance Corporal of Police Ali Fayaz Abdul Samad was beaten by the activists and during beating the mob hit his head with a pave stone severing his skull and damaging his brain. Doctors at the hospital said he was suffering from post-traumatic amnesia.
Police were the main target of the ongoing MDP mayhem in Male’ City and has damaged several public property as well.