- Sri Lanka, India and Maldives take part in trilateral maritime exercise
- Shelters to be built in Hulhule’ ferry service area
- SAARC Secretary General Saleem calls on the President
- It is not permissible for Muslims to enter temples, churches and synagogues- Fiqh Academy
- Wide variety of programs for the youth to be commenced- Maleeh
- Budget problems will be solved when the authorities are made accountable for state expenses- Amir
- Ali Hameed underscores importance of increasing the state reserve
- Japan grants aid of 200 million Yen to Maldives
- Germany grants 3 million Euro project to support for climate neutrality strategy of the Maldives
- President Yameen and First Lady accept invitation for an official visit to Japan
- Postage Stamp Museum inaugurated
- We will seek out drug dealers from which ever country they hide- Home Minister
- Govt wants to reduce taxi fares- Minister
Music and poetry is important to overcome fear- Nasheed
Former President Mohamed Nasheed has said that music and poetry is very important to overcome the fear of the current situation of the Maldives after which he accuses to be a coup.
In a ceremony held at Male’ City Hall to present the former President Nasheed with the latest song of the local grunge band “Traphic Jam” titled “Coup”, Nasheed said that opposition and a group of Police and the armed forces plotted a coup against the MDP government on February 7. He said that he is aware that it will be difficult to overcome fear without the use of music, poetry and other such means.
Former President expressed his gratitude to all musicians who supported his accusations against the present government which claims was a rebel government which came to power through a coup.