- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
- Umar says he didn’t goto appeal committee because it’s under Yameen’s authority
- Nasheed won’t even succeed for the second round of elections- Gasim
- Recent assualts are gang related- CP
- Nasheed Launches MDP Policy on Agriculture
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- Police assist with flood relief in Ga.Villingilli
- 2 men arrested with suspicious narcotics
Murrath and Hana confesses for the murder of prominent lawyer Najeeb
[The 29 year old Ahmed Murrath of M. Masroora and 18 year old Fathimath Hana of Shaviyani Atoll Goidhoo Rihaab detained for the killing of the 65 year old renowned legal practitioner, Ahmed Najeeb of S. Hithadhoo Lady Moon.
The two suspected detained in relation to the brutal murder of Najeeb confessed to the killing at the Criminal Court yesterday when the two were presented to extend the period of the detainment.
Police Media Official Hassan Haneef informed Miadhu Daily that Murrath and Hana confessed to the crime in front of the Criminal Court Judge.
He said that the period of detainment was extended for 15 days. According to the Police Murrath has a criminal history and was previously sentenced for 18 years in prison.
Police said that the confession of the two suspects to the murder will speed up the investigation and the police will submit the case to the Prosecutor General’s office as soon as possible.
Media Official Haneef said that Murrath was in a state of intoxication when he was brought to custody. Murrath is among those who were released under the “second chance program” of the former President Mohamed Nasheed’s administration.
Najeeb was found brutally stabbed to death and was dumped into a large dustbin can in a room in the first floor of M. Masrooraa residence.