- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
Much has to be sacrificed to preserve Islamic unity- Minister of Islamic Affairs
Minister of Islamic Affairs Sheikh Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed has said that much has to be sacrificed to preserve and strengthen the Islamic unity of the Maldives.
Minister Shaheem made this remark at the official function held yesterday evening, to determine and declare the time-honoured sighting of the moon, which marks the beginning of the fasting month.
Sheikh Shaheem underscored the importance of unity and brotherhood to restore and maintain peace and national harmony. He noted that the Maldivian nation is not a nation that will remain silent in the face of injustice.
“Even if it be that a storm divides the ranks of the people, this nation will stand up and unite. This is witnessed in our proud history from the time of Mohamed Thakurufaanu and onwards. And Allah willing, the Islamic signposts of this nation cannot be destroyed. The people of Maldives are much courageous than that,” he said.
The Minister said that the month of Ramadan is a golden opportunity to strive to strengthen the ranks of brotherhood. “Helping others, reciting Quran, helping the poor and the needy, giving charity, sheltering the orphans in Ramadan are all acts of worship. In addition to this, speaking nothing but good during the month of Ramadan is also an act of worship,” he said.
“Ramadan is the month of Allah as is mentioned in one of the noble hadeeth of the Prophet, on him be peace and blessings of Allah. Therefore, we should never spend the days and nights of Ramadan except in righteousness. Shouting and screaming at the streets and disturbing the worshippers should never be done,” he urged.