- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
More than MRF 14 million donated for Mosque Fund
Ministry of Islamic Affairs has announced that more than MRF 14 million has been donated for the Mosque Fund organized by the Ministry.
Speaking to the press at Velaanaage, Minister of Islamic Affairs, Sheikh Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed said that the most of this fund raised for the mosque renovation and repair will be spent for the renovation of the mosques in the islands.
Shaheem said that the Ministry has decided to spend this on 12 areas of the country. He said that the Ministry has requested the Ministry of Finance to approve the spending of MRF 2642. He said that the Ministry will hold meetings with the fund committee to use some of the funds raised to build mosques.
He said that the money raised will not goto waist but will be spent in accordance to the constitution and law.
Minister Shaheem said that three new mosques are being opened in the Maldives prior to Ramadan which includes Imaadudeen Mosque, Hulhumale’ Mosque.