- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
More than MRF 14 million donated for Mosque Fund
Ministry of Islamic Affairs has announced that more than MRF 14 million has been donated for the Mosque Fund organized by the Ministry.
Speaking to the press at Velaanaage, Minister of Islamic Affairs, Sheikh Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed said that the most of this fund raised for the mosque renovation and repair will be spent for the renovation of the mosques in the islands.
Shaheem said that the Ministry has decided to spend this on 12 areas of the country. He said that the Ministry has requested the Ministry of Finance to approve the spending of MRF 2642. He said that the Ministry will hold meetings with the fund committee to use some of the funds raised to build mosques.
He said that the money raised will not goto waist but will be spent in accordance to the constitution and law.
Minister Shaheem said that three new mosques are being opened in the Maldives prior to Ramadan which includes Imaadudeen Mosque, Hulhumale’ Mosque.