- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
MNDF starts work on repairing the ‘Karaa’ Market
MNDF has started work on repairing the area allotted for selling watermelon during the month of Ramadan.
This area popularly known as ‘Karaa’ Market is located on the north of Male’ at the same vicinity of the previous local market.
Fifty percent of the work has been completed so far since its commencement on last Thursday, and the remaining repairs are to be accomplished before the beginning of Ramadan. The repair of ‘Kara’ market was initiated upon request of Male’ City Council to the Ministry of Defense and National Security, and work is being done around the clock by servicemen divided into teams.
The repair work which is being funded by Male’ City Council will see replacement of damaged canvas roofing and installation of rain water drainage system to prevent rain water drainage and flooding on the walkways. Previous construction of Male’ Local Market and ‘Karaa’ Market was also carried out by the MNDF Corps of Engineers.