- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
MNDF starts work on repairing the ‘Karaa’ Market
MNDF has started work on repairing the area allotted for selling watermelon during the month of Ramadan.
This area popularly known as ‘Karaa’ Market is located on the north of Male’ at the same vicinity of the previous local market.
Fifty percent of the work has been completed so far since its commencement on last Thursday, and the remaining repairs are to be accomplished before the beginning of Ramadan. The repair of ‘Kara’ market was initiated upon request of Male’ City Council to the Ministry of Defense and National Security, and work is being done around the clock by servicemen divided into teams.
The repair work which is being funded by Male’ City Council will see replacement of damaged canvas roofing and installation of rain water drainage system to prevent rain water drainage and flooding on the walkways. Previous construction of Male’ Local Market and ‘Karaa’ Market was also carried out by the MNDF Corps of Engineers.