- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
MNDF Northern Area provides assistance to a stranded vessel
MNDF Northern Area has provided assistance to a stranded Dhoni, en-route from Male’ to Randheli Resort.
The incident which took place around 2300hrs saw “Baraabaru” dhoni stranded due to engine failure. The engine failure was attributed to an burst pipe and the resulting fire, as informed by the owner of the vessel. The people onboard were able to extinguish the fire shortly.
Since being informed of the incident, MNDF Northern Area along with the owner of the vessel has been working to find a suitable vessel to tow “Baraabaru” dhoni. While these efforts were being made, captain of the stranded dhoni informed Northern Area that the dhoni was about to be washed aground on a reef outside Lhaviyani Atoll. The coast guard harbor craft deployed to Northern area was dispatched immediately; and the soldiers provided assistance in anchoring the dhoni and saving it from drifting aground.
Currently “Baraabaru” dhoni is in N.Randheli harbor after being towed in around 1400hrs by “Cruise 4” dhoni, arranged by the owner.