- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
MNDF Northern Area provides assistance to a stranded vessel
MNDF Northern Area has provided assistance to a stranded Dhoni, en-route from Male’ to Randheli Resort.
The incident which took place around 2300hrs saw “Baraabaru” dhoni stranded due to engine failure. The engine failure was attributed to an burst pipe and the resulting fire, as informed by the owner of the vessel. The people onboard were able to extinguish the fire shortly.
Since being informed of the incident, MNDF Northern Area along with the owner of the vessel has been working to find a suitable vessel to tow “Baraabaru” dhoni. While these efforts were being made, captain of the stranded dhoni informed Northern Area that the dhoni was about to be washed aground on a reef outside Lhaviyani Atoll. The coast guard harbor craft deployed to Northern area was dispatched immediately; and the soldiers provided assistance in anchoring the dhoni and saving it from drifting aground.
Currently “Baraabaru” dhoni is in N.Randheli harbor after being towed in around 1400hrs by “Cruise 4” dhoni, arranged by the owner.